What is Coffee Roasting?
Dry heat treatment exceeding 190 degrees with the aim to:
- Generate Aroma Compounds
- Development of colour change
- Change the bean texture
Roasting changes the microstructure of the beans:
- Carbon dioxide and water vapour develop in the bean
- The interior pressure of the bean increases
- The cell structure changes and the bean increases in size
- CO2 and water escape partially from the bean, a substantial part of the gases remain entrapped in the bean
The change from green bean to the desired roast colour:
Want to know more about our latest products and services?
Subscribe to our newsletter! Enter you email below to stay up to date on our news and updates.